The Search box is located on the right of the top navigation bar on each page.
- Enter a search term in the Search box.
- Click the magnifying glass button to the right of the Search box or press Enter on your keyboard.
When you search for a word in Chelsea House Biographies Online, the search expands to include different tenses for verbs, or both singular and plural forms for nouns.
For example: A search for imagine also returns results for imagines and imagined. A search for alumnus also return results for alumni.
Search automatically expands to look for longer words that include the search term.
For example: A search for believe also returns results for believer and believers.
Search is not case sensitive.
For example: A search for Tennis will return both tennis and Tennis.
Chelsea House Biographies Online also supports Boolean searching.
- A search for Quincy NOT Adams will return results with Quincy, but not results with both Quincy and Adams.
- A search for Quincy AND Adams returns only results with both words.
- A search for Quincy OR Adams returns results that have either Quincy or Adams or both.
To search for an exact phrase, enclose the search term in quotation marks, e.g., "John Glenn".